WELCOME IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED TO THE FORUM PLEASE DO SO AND BECOME A VALUED MEMBER, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS AND ALSO CHAT ROOM, IF YOU DO REGISTER TO JOIN PLEASE AND CHECK YOUR EMAIL WILL BE SENT WHEN YOUR ACCOUNT IS ACTIVATED

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

WELCOME IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED TO THE FORUM PLEASE DO SO AND BECOME A VALUED MEMBER, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS AND ALSO CHAT ROOM, IF YOU DO REGISTER TO JOIN PLEASE AND CHECK YOUR EMAIL WILL BE SENT WHEN YOUR ACCOUNT IS ACTIVATED

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watching topics.

3 posters

Go down

Watching topics. Empty Watching topics.

Post by firelass 11/1/2012, 02:59

We now seem to have the ability to watch topics.
What this meens is, if you chose to watch a topic an email will be sent to you every time there is a reply. If you end up watching all the actuve topics you could end up with a lot of emails directing you here to see the reply.

Realy helpful for people who are not always on here but who ask questions.
I always cheak the posts since last visit link. That way I will see all new posts and its easer than trying to remember where i posted what lol... maybe thats just me.
You can unwatch the topic from the link in the email or from the bottem right of the last post on the topic. :)
firelass
firelass

Watching topics. ADMINISTRATOR-star

Number of posts : 8927
Female
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Watching topics. Empty Re: Watching topics.

Post by firelass 18/1/2012, 00:46

In the profile menu, there is a line of black colourd other menues at the top. One of those is called watched topics, you can stop watching all topics at once or change them.
In the genral part of your profile, you can change your email settings so that you only get emails when you have a pm, only if its a pm from staff, only if someone posts on a topic or not at all etc. I have changed mine to not at all lol because I am here every day anways I dont need my email to remind me :)
firelass
firelass

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wilbur 18/1/2012, 12:26

Thanks Kelda, I've changed mine.

wilbur

Watching topics. MODERATOR-star

Number of posts : 2725
Female
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by elf506 18/1/2012, 20:04

Thanks Kel. I tend to check posts since last visit too as I can't always be here.
elf506
elf506

Number of posts : 2249
Female
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by firelass 18/1/2012, 22:20

I do that as well but my email was getting crowded by constant emails when other people and my self are comenting on the topics.

As a side note, every time you comment on a topic you are automaticly watching it again. So it might be less time consuming to change your email settings than it is to keep going back and unwatching the topics. Clicking the 'stop watching this topic' after you post is, for me, difficult to remember. Often once I have posted I don't let it redirect me back to the topic I just close the tab.
firelass
firelass

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wilbur 19/1/2012, 01:35

I'm still getting the blooming emails Grr.

wilbur

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by firelass 19/1/2012, 07:25

even after you changed your settings? How annoying, I don't know how to help coz mine have stoped.
firelass
firelass

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wilbur 19/1/2012, 11:52

firelass wrote:even after you changed your settings? How annoying, I don't know how to help coz mine have stoped.

I thought they were after but I haven't had any more, maybe I am loosing me marbles Smile

wilbur

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down