WELCOME IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED TO THE FORUM PLEASE DO SO AND BECOME A VALUED MEMBER, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS AND ALSO CHAT ROOM, IF YOU DO REGISTER TO JOIN PLEASE AND CHECK YOUR EMAIL WILL BE SENT WHEN YOUR ACCOUNT IS ACTIVATED

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

WELCOME IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED TO THE FORUM PLEASE DO SO AND BECOME A VALUED MEMBER, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS AND ALSO CHAT ROOM, IF YOU DO REGISTER TO JOIN PLEASE AND CHECK YOUR EMAIL WILL BE SENT WHEN YOUR ACCOUNT IS ACTIVATED

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hi can anybody tell me of any ferret rescues near glasgow

5 posters

Go down

hi can anybody tell me of any ferret rescues near glasgow Empty hi can anybody tell me of any ferret rescues near glasgow

Post by traceyohare1976 17/3/2013, 04:31

would appreciate it if somebody would advise me of ferret rescues near me and if possible a web address for them.thanks
traceyohare1976
traceyohare1976

hi can anybody tell me of any ferret rescues near glasgow NEWMEMBER2-star

Number of posts : 11
Female
Registration date : 2013-03-16

http://traceyohare1976@live.co.uk

Back to top Go down

hi can anybody tell me of any ferret rescues near glasgow Empty Re: hi can anybody tell me of any ferret rescues near glasgow

Post by wilbur 17/3/2013, 08:17

Try a search on here, they keep it pretty up to date. http://starescue.org.uk/#/other-ferret-rescues/4541664398

wilbur

hi can anybody tell me of any ferret rescues near glasgow MODERATOR-star

Number of posts : 2725
Female
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

hi can anybody tell me of any ferret rescues near glasgow Empty Re: hi can anybody tell me of any ferret rescues near glasgow

Post by traceyohare1976 17/3/2013, 10:50

okay will do thank you. all the other links iv tried lead to nowhere.
traceyohare1976
traceyohare1976

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by firelass 17/3/2013, 23:02

I'm in Edinburgh, I think my closest other than the sspca is up north at the cuper deer centre. I know that dosn't help you. But I know that a few have closed. Sure the one at bathgate closed. Their used to be one up on the west side further north think that closed as well.
Have you tried the sspca, also gumtree or preloved?

We have a member who is out west who might know.
ferretwumun5.
firelass
firelass

hi can anybody tell me of any ferret rescues near glasgow ADMINISTRATOR-star

Number of posts : 8927
Female
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by traceyohare1976 17/3/2013, 23:47

hi have tried all the above. sspca near me only has one and its reserved. rehomed 2 from sspcs near edinburgh. its terrible these wee animals dont have any rescues in this area. if i didnt live in a council house i would set up my own rescue. these animals are addictive lol. amazing pets.
traceyohare1976
traceyohare1976

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by firelass 18/3/2013, 00:56

Snap, that was always my dream. I was going to buy a house and set up a rescue. I'm sure I could get young volunteers to help out. There is Crusher hoblet team down south and they go to schools etc educating people. They do some awesome work.

I Knew the person who ran fife ferret before it moved, the time and money that goes into it is just much more than I would have imaged. Also the level of ignorance, cruelty you hear about, not just with ferrets coming into the rescue, but also from ferrets who have gone on to 'loving' homes!
some stories! I think its one of these jobs that is worth it though.

firelass
firelass

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ferretwumun5 21/3/2013, 12:22

as far as i know theres a ferret rescue in glasgow but ive no idea what part or even if it has a name

ferretwumun5

hi can anybody tell me of any ferret rescues near glasgow TOPPOSTER2-star

Number of posts : 8396
Female
Registration date : 2008-01-13

http://Eileen.freeman1@ntlworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by firelass 22/3/2013, 21:43

According to the Scottish ferret club, Glasgow rescue closed due to ill health. Not sure if it was the owner who was ill or the ferrets lol I assume the owners. I still reckon phoning the sspca to see if they know of anyone might be the best bet. That or gum tree and preloved.
firelass
firelass

Female

Back to top Go down

hi can anybody tell me of any ferret rescues near glasgow Empty SSPCA

Post by Jenyfer 10/4/2013, 21:31

Hi just been looking on the SSPCA website and the Glasgow one has a ferret needing a home. All the best.

Jenny

Jenyfer

Number of posts : 13
Female
Registration date : 2010-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down