WELCOME IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED TO THE FORUM PLEASE DO SO AND BECOME A VALUED MEMBER, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS AND ALSO CHAT ROOM, IF YOU DO REGISTER TO JOIN PLEASE AND CHECK YOUR EMAIL WILL BE SENT WHEN YOUR ACCOUNT IS ACTIVATED

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

WELCOME IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY REGISTERED TO THE FORUM PLEASE DO SO AND BECOME A VALUED MEMBER, YOU WILL THEN HAVE ACCESS TO ALL BOARDS AND ALSO CHAT ROOM, IF YOU DO REGISTER TO JOIN PLEASE AND CHECK YOUR EMAIL WILL BE SENT WHEN YOUR ACCOUNT IS ACTIVATED

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ferret hutch rescue updated 2/5/10

+7
katie.t
LeedsLass
sezbetz
tonyh
ricochet
ferretwumun5
jediwarrior
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ferret hutch rescue updated 2/5/10 - Page 2 Empty Re: ferret hutch rescue updated 2/5/10

Post by sezbetz 7/8/2012, 01:05

Hi - got your message - I will get back to you asap. Dont have anything rerady imediately but may have soon!
sezbetz
sezbetz

ferret hutch rescue updated 2/5/10 - Page 2 MODERATOR-star

Number of posts : 1364
Female
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

ferret hutch rescue updated 2/5/10 - Page 2 Empty Re: ferret hutch rescue updated 2/5/10

Post by katie.t 7/8/2012, 07:20

Okay thank-you, I didn't say but I would prefer boys that are castrated but if they aren't we'll take them to be done
katie.t
katie.t

ferret hutch rescue updated 2/5/10 - Page 2 MEMBER2-star

Number of posts : 183
Female
Registration date : 2012-08-05

http://katie.t@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by firelass 7/8/2012, 08:57

Because of how much it costs to get ferrets neutered and because rescues often have a large number of ferrets go though them. Often they are not neutered.
I know our rescues hear don't, the sspca can't afford it. In fact no one can :( even when we got our dog he was not neutered. They gave us a blue cross voucher... even though we are in scotland... go figure.
firelass
firelass

ferret hutch rescue updated 2/5/10 - Page 2 ADMINISTRATOR-star

Number of posts : 8927
Female
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by wilbur 7/8/2012, 22:24

It seems a false economy to let rescues go without neutering first, unless they are too young of course. Whatever agreement you may have with a new owner you can never be 100% sure they won't breed from them and then run the risk of the kits in turn ending up in rescue.

All the good rescues I know will neuter before rehousing, the adoption fee goes some way to covering the costs, the rest comes from their own pocket, or they have to fund raise.

wilbur

Number of posts : 2725
Female
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by katie.t 8/8/2012, 03:59

To be honest I'm wanting males because my vet has refused to neuter jills he's very happy and willing to neuter hobs but he said that when it came to jills he won't neuter except in a real emergency he would always advocate the implant which I'm guessing is a like a jill jab put under the skin for slow release but I have spoken to someone who keeps jills and they have said there is a good vets in woodseats who is experienced and has neutered hers
katie.t
katie.t

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Button moon 8/8/2012, 04:39

katie.t wrote:To be honest I'm wanting males because my vet has refused to neuter jills he's very happy and willing to neuter hobs but he said that when it came to jills he won't neuter except in a real emergency he would always advocate the implant which I'm guessing is a like a jill jab put under the skin for slow release but I have spoken to someone who keeps jills and they have said there is a good vets in woodseats who is experienced and has neutered hers
Did the vet give you a reason that he won't spay Jills? all of mine are done (apart from one that is too old) and they have been fine.

Peak vets at Woodseats have neutered all of my ferrets without a single problem.
Button moon
Button moon

ferret hutch rescue updated 2/5/10 - Page 2 ADVMEMBER2-star

Number of posts : 674
Female
Registration date : 2010-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by elf506 8/8/2012, 05:47

katie.t wrote:t I have spoken to someone who keeps jills and they have said there is a good vets in woodseats who is experienced and has neutered hers

Peak Vets in Woodseats are brilliant. Dean's used them for a long time for various rescue ferrets. Nigel and Steve are particularly good.
elf506
elf506

Number of posts : 2249
Female
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by katie.t 8/8/2012, 05:54

My vet at hunters bar I don't think he gave me a reason why he wouldn't neuter a jill... I was there with one of my cats and cornered him about whether he would see a ferret and then I asked about neutering... but I've found that vets to be a little that way of bring it down and we'll have a go! which is not the best thing! (rather worrying actually)
katie.t
katie.t

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jediwarrior 8/8/2012, 06:10

ring peak katie they spay castrate and implant and jill jab. They also have a 24hr service 7 days a week
jediwarrior
jediwarrior

ferret hutch rescue updated 2/5/10 - Page 2 FOUNDER-star

Number of posts : 8972
Male
Registration date : 2008-01-12

http://deanwain@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by katie.t 8/8/2012, 06:30

I will do I've not made the leap yet and purchased my very 1st ferret I'm still a ferret virgin!!! lol I thought that I'm best to ask around I've found all the facts that the ferret hutch has to offer and it's inspired me with confidence Thank-you everyone
katie.t
katie.t

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2